How to Multiply Yourself as Rainmaker of Your Financial Services Practice
Bringing on associate advisors to lessen or even eliminate your responsibility as the sole rainmaker driving revenue in your practice is both a challenge and a major priority for many of us. After learning twelve years ago of a condition that would eventually require open heart surgery, I became laser- focused on building a financial services firm that would run profitably with or without me. In this session, I’ll share how I brought multiple advisors into my individual financial services practice to carry the production load and generate the revenue needed to make my firm profitable whether I was there or not.
Two successful ways to bring advisors into your firm:
1) Through the front stage – these are advisors who already have the experience and capability to work in sales. I’ll share strategies I‘ve used in vetting prospective advisors, including personality profile testing, which helps us see whether or not they’ll be a successful sales person. I will also share cost-efficient ways to create opportunities for them to do insurance and financial business.
2) Through the back stage – these are advisors who will be given an internal position and paid a salary while they learn the ins and outs of the business and alleviate some of your responsibilities. As they are performing operational activities, they will learn the financial language, the products, and where they fit.
I’m going to show you how we’ve built responsibility agreements – miniature job descriptions - for every segment of a financial services practice or insurance agency. We’ll share which ones we give to the advisors to expedite their learning curve and enable them to step from the back stage of supporting the planning and sales of insurance and investment products to the front stage of running the planning process.
Jason is a speaker, financial planner, bestselling author, coach, and entrepreneur. He is the founder of Clarity 2 Prosperity. Jason is also the founder of C2P Advisory Group and Prosperity Capital Advisors as well as the founder and CEO of Valor Capital Management and The JL Smith Group, his own holistically-run financial services practice.
Jason has been in the financial services industry since he started at his father’s insurance agency in 1995. Through education and drive, he launched The JL Smith Group and has spearheaded its evolution into a comprehensive, client-focused practice providing wealth management, retirement income, tax and, legacy planning.
Jason has segued his experiences as an advisor into helping teach others how to achieve success. He regularly trains advisors through live events, coaching calls, and study groups. He helps to develop and test market concepts in his practice and makes his office available to select advisors to observe him and his team for training purposes. He is called upon to speak at many industry events, including Ed Slott’s Elite IRA Advisor GroupSM workshops, Forum 400, and MDRT’s Top of the Table annual meeting. Jason is passionate about mentoring advisors to help them achieve a common goal: improving the lives of American families through holistic financial planning.
Jason strives to help businesses operate more efficiently, enhancing their overall net profitability as well as improving the quality of client service. A few of his processes include The Bucket Plan® Best Interest Process, an asset-positioning strategy featured in his bestselling book The Bucket Plan: Protecting and Growing Your Assets for a Worry-Free Retirement, and The Bucket Plan® Holistic Planning Process, which is a fee-based financial planning model designed to compensate advisors for their advice and planning time as well as the intellectual capital they have acquired throughout their careers to do so. Jason was named Top 40 under 40 by InvestmentNews magazine in 2015, which is based on the following criteria: accomplishment to date, contribution to the industry, leadership, and promise.
In addition to The Bucket Plan, he is the author of the book Clarity 2 Prosperity: An Advisor’s Guide to Charging Fees for Holistic Planning, and co-author of the book The Hiring Advantage. He, along with the teams at Clarity 2 Prosperity, Prosperity Capital Advisors, and C2P Advisory Group, have been featured on public television to discuss their ideas regarding holistic services.
Jason puts a strong emphasis on giving back to those in need, recently launching a campaign to raise $25,000 worth of shoes for Soles4Souls. His personal interests include international travel and time spent with his wife, Holly; daughter, Jordan; twins, Wyatt and Berkeley; and twins, Lincoln and Lennon. He enjoys cooking, charitable organizations, and outdoor activities such as boating, fishing, and hiking.
THINGS YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT JASON
• Founder and CEO of Clarity 2 Prosperity and founder of C2P Enterprises, the holding company of Clarity 2 Prosperity, C2P Advisory Group, Prosperity Capital Advisors and Valor Capital Management
• Founder and CEO of The JL Smith Group, his own holistically-run financial services practice
• Creator of The Bucket Plan®, a holistic planning approach that purposefully structures assets throughout the phases of life
• Lives in Cleveland, Ohio, with his family
• Hosts community events such as “Taste of Avon”
• Enjoys hiking, yoga, boating, and international travel
• Strategic Coach®
• Ed Slott Master Elite IRA AdvisorSM
• MDRT Top of the Table
• Financial Planning Association®
• Forum 400