In addition to the production qualifications and other requirements outlined below, applicants must show that they are able to:
- Willingly and openly share ideas
- Commit to excellence in the life insurance industry
- Abide by Forum 400 bylaws and philosophies
- Deal with clients and colleagues fairly and with integrity
- Serve as an active participant in the Forum 400 community
Regular Membership Applicants
Applicants will be considered for membership if they meet either of the two following sets of criteria:
- At least $500,000 of annual personal financial services income produced in the previous year, with a focused and substantial amount of that income comprised of earned first-year commission from new life insurance products.
- Cumulative personal financial services income of $2,000,000 over the past 3 years with at least $1,000,000 of that income derived from earned first-year commission from new life insurance products.
Career/captive agents are encouraged to apply and submit their commission statements for review by the Forum 400 Membership Committee.
Venture Candidate Applicants
Venture Candidate applicants must qualify with at least $250,000 of annual personal financial services income produced in the previous year with at least 50% of that income in life insurance.
If accepted to membership, Venture Candidates will be required to submit proof of production demonstrating at least 50% of the minimum standard for Regular Members in year one (the year they apply); 66% of the minimum standard for Regular Members in year two; 75% of the minimum standard for Regular Members in year three; and by year four Venture Candidates shall achieve the full production requirements.
Should the Venture Candidate not meet the full production requirements of a Regular Member by year four, they will no longer be eligible for membership. Members may only go through the Venture Candidate program once. However, they may apply for Regular Membership in the future if they meet the criteria for said membership.
Proof of Production
Applicants in either membership category must provide proof that they meet the production qualifications for membership.
Commission statements with commission listed in the applicant’s name are the preferred proof of production.
If commission is listed under the firm, the commission statements may be submitted along with a Schedule K-1 or a signed confirmation letter from the firm to verify the applicant’s ownership interest.
Other documents such as Top of The Table letters or tax returns (with the exception of Schedule K-1) will not be accepted.
Upon renewal each year, members will be required to fill out a membership profile that reflects their most recent personal financial services income and earned first-year commission from life insurance. Forum 400 reserves the right to conduct due-diligence proof of production review every five years.
To read our bylaws, click here.